Welcome!

Welcome to the new and improved Carano's Cucina. I make a lot of kick ass food and go out to some amazing restaurants. Take a look around and make yourself at home :)

Friday, December 21, 2007

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

With the holiday season in full swing, so is business! Carano's Cucina was booming this year with candy orders, with over 100!! I made various chocolate nut clusters, peanut butter cups, turtles, almond brittle, English toffee, peppermint bark, and pretzels galore!!! Pretzels dipped in chocolate with toffee, nuts, sprinkles, M&M's, coconut, or rice krispies.








This year, as last, I only had one nervous breakdown. There comes a point when, after 10 hours of making candy, several days in a row, you just lose your mind. Well I do anyway. But it passes because I have the best support system in the world. Nick loves being a part of the business. He is PR, inspector, boxer, bagger, taper and ribbon bow maker. All I have to do is make everything!!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if, by this time next year, we had our own little place? Big dreams, but if you don't dream, what do you have? This is my wish for 2008... first and foremost, health for me and my family. A beautiful 100 year celebration in October for my Grandma. And lots of business with more opportunity to grow!

So now that it's done, what am I to do? Well, bake cookies of course! But that's another blog :)

1 comment:

Carla said...

I think 2008 is going to be the year of Kathy Carano! You will end up with your own Food Network show. I can see it now....a set of an Italianesque kitchen combined with retro appliances and zebra striped linens, drapes, and seating. We'll call it Cooking with the Diva!!