Welcome!

Welcome to the new and improved Carano's Cucina. I make a lot of kick ass food and go out to some amazing restaurants. Take a look around and make yourself at home :)

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

And Still Another Foccacia Bread

I've written about foccacia bread before. Several times. And now, I have another. A real crowd pleaser I might add. I always said that nothing could top the Rosemary Garlic Foccacia, but I'm not so sure about that anymore. Shallot Thyme Foccacia is pretty darn yummy. I start out by roasting the shallots. It's really the same process as roasting garlic. I cut off the tops and the bottoms of the each shallot (I use about 6-8 shallots for this recipe), place them on two sheets of foil and then drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the shallots up and place in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes. When they come out, they look like this and smell insanely divine!


I'm not going to go through the whole bread recipe again, since it's already on here twice. You can get the ins and outs of making the bread down at here or here. We'll just fast forward to the dough being ready to be baked.

Take your shallots and chop them up rather fine. Then take a good bunch of fresh thyme and add it to the shallots. You'll need to take the leaves off the stems. It's a little tedious, but I find herb aroma rather soothing so it doesn't bother me to strip these stems of their lovely little leaves.



To the shallots and thyme, add about a teaspoon of salt and about a quarter cup of olive oil. Mix well and then spread the mixture over the top of the bread. Then bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. The edges should be just starting to brown a little and the top will be golden.




YUM!

No comments: