Welcome!

Welcome to the new and improved Carano's Cucina. I make a lot of kick ass food and go out to some amazing restaurants. Take a look around and make yourself at home :)

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lightlife Frozen Entrees Deliver the Goods!

Very recently, Lightlife Vegetarian Frozen Entrees have been showing up in Giant Eagle stores around where I live, in Akron, Ohio. 



Now generally, I stay away from processed foods but these caught my attention.  Why?  Because this is the list of ingredients in the Asian Teriyaki entree:  cooked whole grain brown rice, broccoli, edamame, fire roasted pineapple, carrots, red peppers, shiitake mushrooms.  Wait, where's the high fructose corn syrup?  Where's the 25 letter words that I can't pronounce?  They aren't in here.  And guess what, this stuff tastes good.  It tastes really good.   Now granted, the sauce packet has more ingredients but really, nothing offensive to me.

So here's what get when you purchase Asian Teriyaki.  A hearty tray of veggies and brown rice.  And I do mean hearty.  This is a nice portion.  And you get the sauce packet separately.  So you can put on as little or as much as you want, or none at all even.



All you have to do is remove the sauce packet and drop it in hot water to thaw it out.  And then vent the top wrapper on the rice and veggies.  Pop that in the microwave and then when half the time is up, you pour over however much of the sauce you want and then finish the cooking.  It's simple.



I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious this was, as well as filling.  For anyone on Weight Watchers, Asian Teriyaki is 6 points.  Plus I think it is at least two vegetable servings as well as a whole grain.  Check them out.  I think, like me, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

No comments: