Welcome!

Welcome to the new and improved Carano's Cucina. I make a lot of kick ass food and go out to some amazing restaurants. Take a look around and make yourself at home :)

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Covered in Crystal

Say what you will about winter. I enjoy it for the most part and today was one of those magical days. I was taking my weekly drive to my parents house. It's about 45 minutes on a good day and today was a good day. Despite the ice storm we had yesterday, roads were clear. In fact, everything was clear. And as I drove, I became mesmerized by the scene around me. I drive through a parkway and the trees and bushes were all covered in crystal. It was breathtakingly beautiful. See you for yourself (be sure to click each photo to make them bigger and get the full effect).

This is in my backyard.



These are all on the drive. I probably annoyed some people on the road, by stopping to take photos, but I don't care. How often do you get to see a layer of crystal on everything you drive by? For me, not often!













Experiences is like this, this is how I find God. These are the ways God touches me. By seeing the beauty in nature. It comes from somewhere beautiful and I today I got to experience it.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I really love these pictures. Last winter I too stopped along the road and took pictures of the trees covered in ice. It is a sight to behold! Wonderful pictures! Jackie